Contact Dr. Chauhan For A Smartlipo Consultation Today!
Smartlipo In Columbia SC
Get Dramatic Results With Minimally Invasive Treatments
Smartlipo laser body contouring is a minimally invasive, laser-assisted lipolysis procedure that targets trouble spots like the abdomen, arms, buttocks, thighs, and neck, and permanently eliminates fat. If diet and excersie alone haven’t given you the result you want, Smartlipo can give you that final boost to cross the finish line. You get dramatic results with little downtime and far less pain than traditional lipo.
- Smartlipo uses local anesthesia to numb only a specific area of the body being treated so you’re awake during the procedure
- The Smartlipo laser fiber is inserted through a very small tube into your body, the laser ruptures the fat cell membranes and the fat cells are permanently destroyed
- The liquefied fat is gently suctioned out. Because Smartlipo actually tightens the skin through coagulation, you don’t have to worry about dimpling and sagging skin
What to Expect With Smartlipo
Since Smartlipo is performed under local anesthesia you will be visiting your doctor for an in-office procedure that typically lasts 1-2 hours depending on the number of areas to be treated and the size of the areas. Because of the anesthesia, you will not feel pain, rather a sensation comparable to tugging or pressure.
After the procedure, you may experience some light bruising and swelling and will be required to wear a compression garment for about a week to help with the healing process and support the areas treated, however, you’ll be able to return to normal activities within a day or two.
For most patients, results are achieved in just one Smartlipo treatment. Results can be seen within a week, with continued improvement over three to six months. Since fat cells are permanently destroyed in the treated area your results will be long-lasting, however, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know if Smartlipo is right for me?
The best candidates for Smartlipo are women and men who are not significantly overweight but have accumulated fat deposits—such as love handles, flabby upper arms, excess neck or lower facial fat, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, male breasts (gynecomastia), knees A consultation with the doctor can provide you with the best information.
What areas of the body can be treated?
Smartlipo is ideal for the neck, jawline, arms, bra fat, "love handles", post-pregnancy skin laxity, saddlebags, knees, thighs, abdomen and enlarged male breasts known as gynecomastia. Smartlipo is also effective for the permanent treatment of hyperhydrosis or excessive sweating from the underarms.
What does the procedure feel like?
Because the area is anesthetized, there is minimal discomfort during the procedure. You may feel a light pressure but it is a mild sensation. Following Smartlipo, you may experience some aches, much like after a physical workout. A compression garment may be worn for a short period after treatment, depending on the body area treated and the recommendation of your physician.
How long does the procedure take?
On average, the procedure will take 2 – 5 hours. This is dependent on the number of areas to be treated and the size of the areas.
Do I have to stay in the hospital?
No. Smartlipo is an in-office procedure performed under local anesthesia.
How many treatments are necessary?
For most patients, results are achieved in just one Smartlipo treatment. Results can be seen within a week, with continued improvement over three to six months.
How long do the results last?
Smartlipo permanently destroys fat cells in the treated area. However, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regimen to enjoy long-lasting results.
Will there be scarring?
The incision site will be very small. With proper care, any scars will be barely noticeable. Your physician is best to evaluate your skin type and provide you with information.
What’s the recovery time?
Laser Body Sculpting is a minimally invasive procedure which requires only local anesthesia. Some light bruising can occur, but you’ll be able to return to normal activities within a day or two. Exercise may be resumed 1-2 weeks after the procedure.
Smartlipo vs Tradional Liposuction:
HOW DOES SMARTLIPO DIFFER FROM TRADITIONAL LIPOSUCTION?
While both traditional (non-laser) liposuction and SmartLipo are effective at removing unwanted fat, there are some key differences to note.
- Technique: Traditional liposuction uses general anesthesia and a cannula and physical manipulation to suction fat from beneath the skin. SmartLipo uses a local anesthesia and utilizes laser heat to soften or liquefy the fat, making it easier to remove with the cannula, typically resulting in less bruising for the patient.
- Skin Tightening : The addition of laser heat with the SmartLipo procedure provides an added benefit of tightening the skin. Liposuction alone does not provide any skin tightening benefits, so there is an increased possibility of dimpling or sagging after the procedure, particularly with older patients who have lost more of the elasticity of the skin.
- Recovery: Traditional liposuction requires a longer recovery time and the use of compression garments for up to 6 weeks. Most SmartLipo patients realize a full recovery in a couple of days, and typically only need compression garments for
Smartlipo vs Liposuction: A Side-by-Side Comparison:
- General Anesthesia (patient is asleep)
- Large incisions (1/2″)
- No skin tightening, so there is the possibility of being left with loose, sagging skin once the fat is removed.
- Large cannulas that scrape the fat from the skin, often resulting in ridges and ripples under the skin.
- Days and weeks of downtime
- Significant bruising
- Use of a compression garment for 6+ weeks
- Local anesthesia (patient is awake)
- Small incisions (1/8″)
- Use of the laser tightens and firms the skin
- Laser is fed through a small micro-cannula. The laser melts the fat turning it to liquid before being suctioned from the
body, ensuring a smooth appearance.
- 1-2 days of downtime
- Minimal bruising
- Use of a compression garment for just 3 weeks.