Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD)
is a cofactor found in all living cells. The compound is called a dinucleotide because it consists of two nucleotides joined through their phosphate groups. One nucleotide contains an adenine nucleobase and the other nicotinamide. Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide exists in two forms: an oxidized and reduced form, abbreviated as NAD+ and NADH respectively.
Imagine you’re running a marathon and you’re on your last stretch, but you’re dying of thirst. If someone handed you a bottle of water, you would drink it, right? Your cells constantly run a 24-hour marathon. They don’t get a break just because you do. And
they need fuel and certain tools to keep going strong.
NAD+ is one of the most important tools you can give your cells, and ultimately yourself. Stronger cells equals a stronger you. Even though there are tons of benefits to getting NAD+ IV therapy, we’ve shared 6 benefits to get you started.
What is NAD therapy?
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is a coenzyme present in almost all cells in your body. Its main purpose is to fuel metabolic reactions forward, similar to gas in your car. Among other things, NAD+:
- Turns carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into usable energy
- Regulates your body’s stress response
- Repairs and synthesizes DNA
- Regulates your circadian rhythms
- Promotes stem cell production
As you age, your natural levels of NAD+ begin to decrease. If you add sickness and disease to the mix, your NAD levels deplete more rapidly. At Balance Medical and Day Spa, we have the highest quality of NAD+ formulation available, to address, among other things:
- Addiction withdrawal, detoxification, and post-acute withdrawal syndrome
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep disturbances
- Autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases
- Early Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, as well as dementia and CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy)
- The effects of chemotherapy
Balance Medical & Day Spa is the premier place for Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) in Columbia, Chapin, and Irmo, South Carolina. Flawless skin is our goal! Call or use our contact form to set up a consultation and get back to feeling good and looking great.