What Is Jeuveau The New Tox?
Jeuveau™ is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time (temporary) to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
- Aesthetics Only: Jeuveau™ is the first neurotoxin to come to market in almost a decade and the only dedicated exclusively to aesthetics.
- Modern-Made: Jeuveau™ is a modern-made neurotoxin, produced in a state-of-the-art facility using Hi-Pure™ technology.
- Clinically Proven: Jeuveau™ is backed by studies of more than 2,100 patients including two Phase III U.S. trials, the largest head-to-head trial versus Botox™ Cosmetic, as well as two long-term safety studies.
What makes Jeuveau™ different? Why should I try it?
Launched in the US under the promotional hashtag #NEWTOX, Jeuveau™ is a modern-made neurotoxin and the first and only neurotoxin approved exclusively for aesthetics. There is a lot of excitement about Jeuveau™ as it’s the first neurotoxin to hit the U.S. market in almost a decade. Furthermore, Jeuveau™ has also been studied in the largest head-to-head clinical trial versus Botox™ Cosmetic.
- Evolus, the company behind #Newtox, has worked on perfecting the formula since 2012. The Newport, CA-based company was built by the makers of Botox with over 20 years of experience.
- Jeuveau™ (pronounced Jū vō) comes from the French word “nouveau,” which means “new” or “modern.”
- The formula is FDA approved and has been thoroughly tested in over 2100 patients across 5 clinical studies, including a head-to-head study against Botox.
- Jeuveau™ works the same way Botox does: by temporarily quieting nerves from activating facial muscles. The result is an improvement in the appearance of frown lines.
- This product was developed specifically as an aesthetic-first and only product. That means that this formula is optimized for treating fine lines and wrinkles.
- If you are a regular Botox user, you will be able to seamlessly transition to Jeuveau™.
- Our providers are highly trained injectors with over a decade of experience. We know how to get you the best, most natural results possible.
Whether you’re a regular Botox user or have been thinking about trying it, but have still have questions, the Jeuveau™ launch is a great time to see how #Newtox can help stall the hands of time.
What are some of the potential side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects in clinical trials include headache, eyelid drooping, upper respiratory tract infection and increased white blood cell count.2 No serious drug-related events were observed in the studies.
What’s it like before and after treatment?
If it’s your first time getting a treatment, you may be a little nervous. And that’s okay! Localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, erythema, and/or bleeding/bruising may be associated with the injection.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR JEUVEAU™ (prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs)
JEUVEAU may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Get medical help right away if you have any of these problems any time (hours to weeks) after injection of JEUVEAU:
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months.
- Spread of toxin effects. The effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice, trouble saying words clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing.
Do not use JEUVEAU if you: are allergic to any of the ingredients in JEUVEAU (see Medication Guide for ingredients); had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as rimabotulinumtoxinB (MYOBLOC®), onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®/BOTOX® Cosmetic), abobotulinumtoxinA (DYSPORT®), or incobotulinumtoxinA (XEOMIN®); have a skin infection at the planned injection site; or are a child.
JEUVEAU dosing units are not the same as, or comparable to, any other botulinum.
Tell your healthcare provider about all your muscle or nerve conditions, such as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, Myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including difficulty swallowing and difficulty breathing from typical doses of JEUVEAU.
Tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including: any side effects from botulinum toxin products, including dry eye; breathing, swallowing, bleeding, or heart problems; plans to have surgery; weakness of forehead muscles; drooping eyelids; had surgery on your face; are pregnant or breastfeeding or plan to become pregnant or breastfeed (it is not known if JEUVEAU can harm your unborn baby or passes into breast milk).
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Using JEUVEAU with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your healthcare provider that you have received JEUVEAU in the past.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you: have received any other botulinum toxin product in the past and the last 4 months, and exactly which product you received (such as BOTOX, BOTOX Cosmetic, MYOBLOC, DYSPORT, or XEOMIN).
JEUVEAU may cause loss of strength or general muscle weakness, vision problems, or dizziness within hours to weeks of treatment with JEUVEAU. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities.
JEUVEAU can cause other serious side effects including: allergic reactions (such as itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint), heart problems (such as irregular heartbeat and heart attack), and eye problems (including dry eye, reduced blinking, and corneal problems). Tell your healthcare provider or get medical emergency help right away if you experience a serious side effect.
The most common side effects include: headache; eyelid drooping, upper respiratory tract infection, and increased white blood cell count in your blood.
JEUVEAU is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used in adults for a short period of time (temporary) to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
The risk information provided here is not complete. For more information about JEUVEAU, see the full Prescribing Information including BOXED WARNING, and Medication Guide, visit evolus.com or talk to your healthcare provider.
To report side effects associated with use of JEUVEAU, please call 1-877-EVOLUS1/1-877-386-5871. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.